[Shorewall-users] redirect virtual webservers

Goetz Reinicke goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:14:57 +0200

Magnus Stenman wrote:
> Goetz Reinicke wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>on a internal test webserver I have different namebased virtual
>>webservers. Ther is an A record om my DNS system for the main server,
>>and CNAME records for the virtual servers.
>>
>>Now I'm thinking of a public webserver also with virtual namebased
>>servers. What I need is to redirect incoming http(s) requests to the
>

> https will require one public IP per virtual server
> (unless you run on different ports)
>

>>internal web servers, but how to handle the different virtual names??
>

> The virual namebased ones will work fine.

How?

<....>

> To do this you'll need a reverse proxy or similar.

What is needed for that? is this possible with shorewall, if so how?

> You need to inspect the HTTP request, and look at the
> Host: header to know which server to redirect to.

dito.

Thanks...
...Götz Reinicke

- Götz Reinicke -------------------- mailto: greinick@filmakademie.de -
   IT Koordinator                                   Tel: 07141/969-420
   IT-OfficeNet Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg    Fax: 07141/969-55420
- Mathildenstr. 20, 71638 Ludwigsburg ----------- www.filmakademie.de -