[Shorewall-users] redirect virtual webservers

Goetz Reinicke goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:05:36 +0100

Hi,

on a internal test webserver I have different namebased virtual
webservers. Ther is an A record om my DNS system for the main server,
and CNAME records for the virtual servers.

Now I'm thinking of a public webserver also with virtual namebased
servers. What I need is to redirect incoming http(s) requests to the
internal web servers, but how to handle the different virtual names??

The same, iff i have multiple physical webservers?? how do I redirect
requests to e.g. web01 (172.17.1.1) and web02 (172.17.1.2)

my Firewall has an A record, the webservers will have CNAME records, but
private IPs in my DMZ. So Any Hints or working configs??

A rule like
ACCEPT    net    loc:172.17.1.1:80    tcp    80    -    1.2.3.4

would only handle _one_ Webserver, am I right??

Thanks...
...Götz Reinicke

- Götz Reinicke -------------------- mailto: greinick@filmakademie.de -
   IT Koordinator                                   Tel: 07141/969-420
   IT-OfficeNet Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg    Fax: 07141/969-55420
- Mathildenstr. 20, 71638 Ludwigsburg ----------- www.filmakademie.de -