[Shorewall-users] Logging is done to console

Bradey Honsinger Bradey.Honsinger@construx.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:02:07 -0700

You're on the right track--it is a /etc/syslog.conf setting. Shorewall uses
the "kern" facility (see Shorewall FAQ #6), so you're looking for a line
like this:

kern.*                                                 /dev/console

Comment out that line and restart syslogd (again, see FAQ #6).

I don't know much about LFS, but if you can't find a line in syslog.conf
like that, the setting may have been compiled in--you'd have to go back and
look at the syslogd source.

- Bradey

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Spelkens [mailto:Carl.Spelkens@pandora.be]
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 2:31 AM
To: shorewall-users@shorewall.net
Subject: [Shorewall-users] Logging is done to console

Hello shorewall-users,

  I just finished installing shorewall on a LFS (linux from scratch)
  after some configuration Masq and firewalling worked perfectly
  the only problem that i have now is that almost every
  DROP and REJECT gets echo-ed to my console on which i'm currently on
  it still gets logged to /var/logs/kern.log

  i realy don't know where to start searching first.

  i tought it had something to do with /etc/syslog.conf

  but i don't know what i'm missing.

  Can anyone give me a pointer or 2
  thnxx

--