[Shorewall-users] ftp works in a strange way.....or....

Goetz Reinicke goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:13:52 +0100

Hi,

I used a squid proxy to handle http(s) and ftp, but for sone reasons I
don't want to use a proxy any more using manual proxy configuration
settings. So I tried the transparent squid settings and could use http,
but no ftp or https :-( AFAIK this is a "problem" with squid, so I
"played around" with shorewall and some options and now I have the
following config:

I added IP_FORWARDING="on" in the shorewall.conf and have the following
rules for ftp:

ACCEPT  fw      net             tcp     ftp
ACCEPT  fw      local           tcp     ftp

So can anynone explain to me, why my ftp clients are allowed to connenct
to ftp-servers at the internet??

Thanks for hints!

cu...
...Götz

- Götz Reinicke -------------------- mailto: greinick@filmakademie.de -
   IT Koordinator                                   Tel: 07141/969-420
   IT-OfficeNet Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg    Fax: 07141/969-55420
- Mathildenstr. 20, 71638 Ludwigsburg ----------- www.filmakademie.de -