[Shorewall-users] port forward from local net to local machine

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:15:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, eric.taillon@mks.net wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a Linux shorewall firewall that is the default gw of the network.
> I want to redirect all localy originating traffic to port 80 into another
> machine on port 8002 into the local network.
> This machine is a WIN2000 machine running a commercial software (proxy,
> content filtering) that only runs into Windows... :-(
>
> I tried something like this but this doesn't seem to work:
>
> local network: 192.168.0.0/24
> IP of proxy:   192.168.0.2
> IP of firewall:     192.168.0.1
>
> ACCEPT    loc:!192.168.0.2    loc:192.168.0.2:8002      tcp  http      -
> all
>

> Can anyone help me?

Is it a requirement that the identity of the client be maintained between
the client and the proxy (that is, do you want to know WHO is requesting
this content that you are going to be censoring)?