[Shorewall-users] SAMBA problem

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, David Grant wrote:

> I have the following rules defined.  I am allowing SAMBA traffic from
> the net to fw as opposed to my local network, because my local network
> is actually on the internet.  I have a hub and two dynamic DHCP
> addresses for 2 computers, that's why.

Huh? Since Shorewall attaches absolutely no meaning to the names 'net' and
'loc', why wouldn't you set it up with the usual naming convention?

> Anyways, that's not a big deal,
> it's just so you understand why I'm allowing internet netbios traffic.
>
> So I have these four rules defined:
>
> ACCEPT          fw      net             udp     137:139 #SAMBA
> ACCEPT          fw      net             tcp     137,139
> ACCEPT          net     fw              udp     137:139
> ACCEPT          net     fw              tcp     137,139

No clue -- since you believe that Shorewall is blocking something, you
obviously have log messages that you can show us so that we might see
which chain is doing the blocking.