[Shorewall-users] SAMBA problem

David Grant david.grant@telus.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:45:38 -0700

I have the following rules defined.  I am allowing SAMBA traffic from
the net to fw as opposed to my local network, because my local network
is actually on the internet.  I have a hub and two dynamic DHCP
addresses for 2 computers, that's why.  Anyways, that's not a big deal,
it's just so you understand why I'm allowing internet netbios traffic.

So I have these four rules defined:

ACCEPT          fw      net             udp     137:139 #SAMBA
ACCEPT          fw      net             tcp     137,139
ACCEPT          net     fw              udp     137:139
ACCEPT          net     fw              tcp     137,139

But UDP packets from port 137 from another computer is being blocked by
shorewall from reaching my computer.  This doesn't really make sense to
me.  Does anyone have any advice that could help me out? Please CC
e-mails to me.   Thanks,

David Grant
david.grant@telus.net