[Shorewall-users] Can't initialize iptables...

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:37:58 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, aleksey zakharov wrote:

> Hello, i have just installed and set up the shore wall on a redhat 7.2 system. when i try to start it I get the following error messages
>
> modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables
> iptables v1.2.4: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you
>  need to insmod?)
> Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
> Terminated
>
> I am pritty sure i have to recompile my kernel again, but what are the modules ore setting do I enable? thanks allot.

The kernel that came with RH7.2 works fine with Shorewall. See the FAQ for
instructions for disabling ipcahins.

If you insist on compiling your own kernel, see
http://www.shorewall.net/kernel.htm.