[Shorewall-users] Log Problem

Christian Lox lox@netzwerkplanet.de
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:39:25 +0200

Tom Eastep wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Christian Lox wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>Shorewall is not logging anything.

[...]

> Does 'dmesg' show the 'Shorewall' log messages? If so, it is a problem

Hm, dmesg shows the messages from boot and nothing else.

> with your syslogd configuration. If dmesg shows nothing also, how do you

Just checked syslogd.conf and dmesg on another host.
These are both SuSE 7.2 machines and the syslog configuration is
exactly the same. The other machine does log as expected.
Strange.

> have LOGBURST and LOGRATE set?

Both are empty. I actually did set them to 10/hour and 5 but changed
rather soon. After change I did a shorewall stop && shorewall start

Christian