[Shorewall-users] SHorewall and Accounting Scripts

John Leach shorewall@osware.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:19:43 +1000

Hi,

I've also been looking at iam.

It seems to me that this dump needs to be run from cron every few hours, so
the shorewall start file is not the place for it.
Probably need to create a shell script containing those few lines and execute
that from cron.

On a more general note my assessment on using iam is that to get analysis by
ip address range requires setting up entries in the hosts file for the
different ip address ranges where accounting is required.

Accounting by port seems to be impossible (please correct me anyone if I am
wrong) because most of the traffic comes through as a single
"RELATED,ESTABLISHED'  byte count for a zone2zone chain; and is not broken
down by port.
If anyone understands what I am talking about and can suggest a work around I
would be grateful.

Regards,
--
John Leach