[Shorewall-users] Netbios

Aaron Axelsen axelseaa@amadmax.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:39:47 -0500

Any information as to how you accomplished this would be more than
welcome.

---
Aaron Axelsen
AIM: AAAK2
Email: axelseaa@amadmax.com

"It said, ""Insert disk #3,"" but only two will fit!"
"One picture is worth 128K words."

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Turvey [mailto:turveysp@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 4:53 PM
To: Aaron Axelsen; shorewall-users@shorewall.net
Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] Netbios

MessageDrew (who posted a few days ago) is my partner in crime in a
setup not dissimilar to this.  If I shout loudly enough he might hear me
and chip in with some info on how we accomplished a successful
ipsec/samba/nat combination for the Windows machines on our networks.
This permits SMB share browsing across the different workgroups hosted
on servers that are quite some distance apart.

As Tom said, you really need to do this using a VPN.  Any other way is
jolly insecure and will definitely lead you to the dark side (as well as
pollute your cable segment with hugely annoying NETBIOS traffic).

Drew!  Are you there?!

Simon