[Shorewall-users] Routing real external IP's on Lan

Andy Andy" <snurt@snurtsworld.co.uk
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:38:56 +0100

Hi All,

  I have a quick question, probably more a router issue, but seeing as I use
shorewall I though I would the list..

  I currently use shorewall to route my internal lan to the internet, but I
will shortly be receiving 8 'real' ips.

  Therefore, my question being, can shorewall then route external IP 1, 2,
3, 4, 5 from ppp0 (or eth0) to the appropriate machine(s) on the internal
LAN via
  eth1.

  And, if so, I take it it can act as a firewall over the muliple ip's.

  Probably very simple, but my head gets achey when thinking about multiple
IP's over the one ethernet interface, well ok two interfaces, but
  you know what I mean.

  The current connection 'in' to the router is via a speedtouch usb adsl
modem, but im grabbing a router asap (any reccomendations?)

  Thanks for your ideas

  Rgds

  Andy