[Shorewall-users] timeout function?

Computerrific computerrific@cfl.rr.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:14:40 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1E864.F2EB3900

I am currently using Bering as a Router/Firewall combined with Shorewall
in my office on a 486 DX/33. Boots up great, routes awesome, everything
is completely fine. When we come in each morning, the network is deemed
"unreachable". Does Shorewall turn the eth's off for that "true firewall
effect?" How can I make turning the eth's back on easy to any layperson
who would get here before I do in the morning? Or get them to stay on
full time?  We have tried simple "ifup -a", no luck. "ifdown -a" to
manually shut them off to BE turned back on don't work either. Any
suggestions?

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1E864.F2EB3900

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2715.400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D374471016-20042002>I am =
currently using=20
Bering as a Router/Firewall combined with Shorewall in my office on a =
486 DX/33.=20
Boots up great, routes awesome, everything is completely fine. When we =
come in=20
each morning, the network is deemed "unreachable". Does Shorewall turn =
the eth's=20
off for that "true firewall effect?" How can I make turning the eth's =
back on=20
easy to any layperson who would get here before I do in the morning? Or =
get them=20
to stay on full time?&nbsp;&nbsp;We have tried simple "ifup -a", no =
luck.=20
"ifdown -a" to manually shut them off to BE turned back on don't work =
either.=20
Any suggestions?</SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1E864.F2EB3900--