[Shorewall-users] Question on samba/nmbd

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 05:45:39 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Paul Gear wrote:

> Brian Fallik wrote:
>
> > Is shorewall configured by default to drop/reject udp broadcasts?
>
> Yes - see /etc/shorewall/common.def.  SMB is one of the services suppressed
> there.

Yes, but that's only so that we don't get flooded on this list with
reports of people being "attacked" by their neighbor's windows systems.
The common chain gets applied AFTER rules from /etc/shorewall/rules and
BEFORE policies from /etc/shorewall/policy.