[Shorewall-users] No netwok printer

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, martyn wrote:

> Hi all
>
> As a complete novice with Linux im experiencing a few problems with shorewall.
> I can not gain access to my server shared directory's or printer on my server.
> I have been experimenting with the firewall but unable to sort it, my configs are attached,

So we are left to guess as to:

a) What zone the clients are in that you are trying to connect with.
b) What zone the server is in that you are trying to connect to.
c) What the IP address of the server is.
d) How you are trying to share this printer (smb, lpd, CUP).
e) How you are trying to share the directory (nfs, smb)

> Also I have the below as well, is it anything to worry about ? They have
> been connected for days, if I kill the pid's they just reappear, if you
> look at my blacklist file I have tried to stop them without success

That's because you haven't followed the instructions for setting up a
black list. you must specify "blacklist" as an option on your 'net'
interface.

Get rid of the 'bl' zone and specify your black list properly.