[Shorewall-users] Shorewall with 2 internet connections

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:30:42 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On 12 Apr 2002, Paul Slinski wrote:

> We have a machine with two seperate internet connections (bot diferent
> networks). My question is, is it possible to utilize shorewall in such a
> way that to performs masqurading for both with only 3 NICs? Or should I
> install a fourth NIC in the machine.
>

> Private Network         -------> eth1 Wireless (Primary)
> 192.168.10.0/24 --------|
> eth0                    -------> eth2 Cable (Secondary)

Shorewall will handle this setup fine -- just add two entries in
/etc/shorewall/masq.

As I recall, the Linux Advanced Routing and Shaping HOWTO contains
instructions for setting up two default routes. So that connections from
your private network will be assigned to one interface or the other.