[Shorewall-users] newbie question: SMTP on DMZ zone

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:09:27 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Eduardo,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Eduardo Ferreira wrote:

> I=B4m trying to setup a tree interface shorewall firewall.  in the dmz si=
de,
> there will be a Domino Server running smtp and web services.  The problem
> occurs when I try to send a message from this server to the internet.  th=
> smtp connection is stablished but hangs and after a while is closed.
> could someone help me?

I don't see anything wrong with your configuration:

a) have you used tcpdump to try to see what is happening?
b) have you disabled Shorewall log limiting as described in the
troubleshooting information and seen if there are any log messages being
generated?