[Shorewall-users] Parameterized Samples Withdrawn

Pascal DeMilly list.shorewall@newgenesys.com
09 Apr 2002 10:23:32 -0700

I agree with Tom that the samples as they are right now are setting the
wrong level of expectation as he puts it. I think one issue most people
new to firewalling (apart from setting the basics) is to know what to
block or allow depending of the protocols/services used.

I think a great service to all would be to have a contrib directory
where people give examples of their rules configuration for allowing or
disallowing a particular service.

People could then copy those rules into their rule file and change the
zones accordingly. I think that will be more valuable than what the
current samples do. Let's face it, we all need to open pinholes in our
firewall at some point. We just need to make sure they are not too big.

Regards

Pascal