[Shorewall-users] Parameterized Samples Withdrawn

Richard Kimber rkimber@ntlworld.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:51:39 +0100

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:32:29 GMT
admin@kiteflyer.com wrote:

> Ok, I'm posting again,
>
> I still don't get what the big deal is for "newbies" (of which I
> consider myself one).I can certainly understand where most are comming
> from, I hate the fact that I sometimes have to read 20 pages of faqs to
> find a basic setup (examples speak 1000 words - thanks tom). It's nice
> to be able to utilize someone else's work or have it work right out the
> box.

I regret introducing the 'newbie' term.  As I indicated earlier the issue
I'm concerned about is the need for a firewall on the part of inexpert
people with very simple needs (one PC directly connected, no services
run).

I'm sorry if I've caused confusion.  I agree entirely that if anyone wants
to do anything fancy, then they must learn the rules.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources        http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/