[Shorewall-users] Question

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:28:12 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Parker Blake MIS wrote:

> Does anyone know what I have to do to get file transfers working in MSN
> Messenger?  They work fine when the remote end initiates the transfer, but
> does not work when the local end initiates.  Anyone have any ideas?

The question of support for MSN messenger has consummed the Netfilter
mailing list for the last several days. You'll probably want to look at
the list archives yourself (they are at Samba.org) but it appears that the
consensus is that a daemon/proxy approach to MSN is going to be the most
viable in the long term. I didn't see any good solution for MSN in the
near term.