[Shorewall-users] Age of Empires II playing on the internet

Tom Eastep teastep@shorewall.net
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:02:26 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, rene@vankleef.com wrote:

> I recently installed Shorewall and had it running (including the network
> behind the firewall) within 30 minutes, excellent I should say. However
> I am facing a problem with the game Age of Empires from Microsoft. It is
> not possible to play the game in the MSNzone from a PC behind the
> firewall. When I connect the PC  (windows XP) directly to the cable
> connection, everything is working.
>
> I am for sure a beginner in Linux and Shorewall so I would appreciate if
> somebody can tell me how the rules must look like.
>
> See below some details about my configuration and Microsoft advice.

You have all of the information you need and you have the rules file
documentation (http://www.shorewall.net/Documentation.htm#Rules). Please
at least try to do it yourself.