[Shorewall-users] DNS problems with Shorewall setup

Jacques Nilo jacques.nilo@freesbee.fr
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:36:37 +0200

Le Dimanche 7 Avril 2002 21:53, Marian Radulescu a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I need some help an this is the best place to get it [:)]
> I have installed Bering 1.0rc1 with latest version of Shorewall. Now my
> site is looking like this:

> :)) because in my setup i can ping everything in internal/internet using
>
> ip addresses but i cannot get outside using names from hosts behing the
> second router.  Any ideea where i am getting wrong?

Hi Marian
dnscache needs UDP 53 open. In params (end of the file) sets:
LOC_FW_UDP_PORTS=53
(this is defined by default in the Bering shorwall.lrp, but not in Tom's
shorwall.lrp)
then it should work.
Jacques