[Shorewall-users] STDERR messages (fwd)

Paul Gear paulgear@bigfoot.com
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:23:34 +1000

"Cowles, Steve" wrote:

> [...]

Indeed.  On my (Red Hat 7.2) boxes, shorewall starts up silently every
time, with no special action taken.

BTW, may i recommend that in /etc/syslog.conf, you put something like
this?
    *.info    /dev/tty12
That makes messages go not to the currently selected virtual console but
to a fixed one (VC 12).  This means that you can press Alt-F12 to see
your current messages.  Mandrake do this in their default install, and
i've found it very helpful.

Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net