[Shorewall-newbies] Shorewall 2.0 and IPv6 problems

Bill.Light at kp.org Bill.Light at kp.org
Sun Mar 14 21:14:00 PST 2004

Tried 2.0 - Fairly painless installation - as usual, Tom.

Routing and startup not what I needed to run.

I get an error message about not having a recent version of iptables or
not having IPv6

rpm -qa | grep iptables

iptables-1.2.7a-174

In shorewall.conf file I see the blurb about DISABLE_IPV6 and left it at
"Yes" - I'm NOT running IPv6 so it looks like that setting will "protect"
me from IPv6 attacks....   (I could be reading it wrong)

Environment SuSE 8.2 Professional with all the latest patches.  I have
gone back to 1.4.10c.   Do I try on a SuSE 9.0 box ?  (or, without IPv6
support - will it screw me up also) ?

- Bill