[Shorewall-newbies] Sub-Interface's

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sun Mar 14 20:13:27 PST 2004

Tom Eastep wrote:

> sysop wrote:
>
>> Nevermind.  My question was specific to the point of the zone in my
>> environment as shown in the example.  It was technical question not an
>> attack on your product.  Because of the tone I am hearing i won't bother
>> anymore with your product.  Thank you.
>

> It's clearly time for me to get off of the Newbies list.

Because it frankly never occurred to me that someone would ask "What is
the point of the source 'net' and the variable '$FW'?" without
understanding the basic syntax of a Shorewall rule.

I hope that experienced Shorewall users who are monitoring this list
will help the newbies -- I'm unsubscribed and it's probably best if I
stay that way.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net