[Shorewall-newbies] How to create a sub-zone?

Chhabria, Kavita - Apogent kchhabria at apogent.com
Sat Mar 13 11:37:25 PST 2004

Greetings everyone:

I have multiple zones sharing the same interface. so I define each of these
zones in the hosts file.  However, can someone provide me with an example of
how to create subzones contained within a zone.
Because I would like to write the rules in such a manner that if i were to
make a change to a parent zone, then it affects all the subzones that are
contained within the parent zone.  Thus, I do not have to make the rule
change to every subzone individually.  Can someone please provide me with an
example of how to configure the above setup using the interfaces, hosts and
zones files.

Thanks a lot,

Kavita Chhabria
Systems Developer