[Shorewall-newbies] No access from loc to net

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sat Mar 13 07:26:19 PST 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 02:02 pm, motiv8d wrote:

> hosts file:
> #ZONE           HOST(S)                         OPTIONS
> dmz             eth2:10.10.11.0/24
> loc             eth1:10.10.10.0/24
> fw              eth0:192.168.0.0/24

Hmmm - I should also put code in the firewall script to catch this -- the
firewall zone should NEVER appear in either the interfaces or the hosts file.
I have no idea what effect the above entry would have (although I could dig
it out of the status output that you sent).

Again, please remove the above entries and be sure that your interfaces file
is correct (I believe that it is).

If access from the local zone still doesn't work then forward the 'shorewall
status' output again and I'll try to understand what is going wrong.

Again, I apologize for my initial short response -- I should have looked more
closely at your entire post rather than jumping to conclusions.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net