[Shorewall-newbies] Rules for more than one firewall?

Chhabria, Kavita - Apogent kchhabria at apogent.com
Thu Mar 11 06:41:33 PST 2004

Hello all:

I am working on setting up shorewall for more than one firewall within our
organization.  Currently the configuration scripts for each of these
firewalls have a lot in common and a few unique rules specific to a
particular firewall.  Can someone please suggest some way/s to approach this
situation.  How or rather where should we place the rules that are common
across all the firewalls, so that they are contained in only one machine?
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Kavita Chhabria
Systems Developer