[Shorewall-newbies] Shorewall bridging

Sakthivel Subramanian sakthi at altair.com
Tue Mar 9 12:49:56 PST 2004

Tom,

Currently I have a firewall machine with shorewall running on a 3 interface
configuration, the firewall machine also acts a proxy server (SQUID). I am
thinking of replacing it with a bridged firewall with shorewall. If I switch
to a bridged firewall and assign an IP to the bridge interface can I still
use the firewall machine as a web proxy ?

Also in the shorewall.net you have a note that shorewall bridge code is
experimental. What does it mean ?

******
Be used to filter traffic through a Layer 2 Bridge (although experimental
Shorewall Bridge code is available - check
<http://www.shorewall.net/2.0/bridge.html> here for details).
******
Thanks

Sakthi