[Shorewall-newbies] Traffic Shaping and SNAT

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Sun Mar 7 19:05:52 PST 2004

Unfortunately, I understand too little about the wondershaper/
htb to even comprehend how to set this up. (Which would be a good
mailing-list/place to learn about it?)

> It is possible to do source-based traffic shaping by marking
> the packets
> using the Shorewall tcrules file and using the fwmark classifier in
> tcstart file but The WonderShaper doesn't have that capability. The
> example on the Shorewall Traffic Shaping page that shows my
> old traffic shaping setup uses that approach but marks based on criteria
> other than source IP address.

Currently, I have wondershaper 1.1a working but having a hard time
adjusting values of Up/Dn stream values to get good latency and
also good surfing experience.

This is all while bittorrent/azereus is running on a
384up/128dn link.

If anyone on this list has some good pointers..I would Love to hear it..

PS: I know this is OT for this list :(