[Shorewall-newbies] Linksys router between cable modem and Linux box

Aubrey Kilpatrick aubrey at oppcatv.com
Sat Mar 6 05:45:12 PST 2004

Hi Tom,

I am thinking about puting a "Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL router" between
my existing Linux router/firewall box and my cable modem.

The existing Linux router/firewall (three nics with Shorewall) has been
working with the cable modem perfectly and is not a problem.

My question is will I have to make major changes to my Linux R/F box to put
the Linksys router between the cable modem and the Linux box?  Does anyone
on the list presently have such a setup running?

Thanks to all,

aubrey