[Shorewall-newbies] OT: Bill Gates and Paying for E-Mail

Francesca C. Smith fsmith at ladylinux.com
Fri Mar 5 15:00:53 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 17:41, Tom Eastep wrote:
> Am I the only one thinking that this proposal has less to do with spam than it
> does with curbing Open Source Software development by making mailing lists
> such as these expensive to operate?
>
> -Tom

Tom,

Microsoft has a vision shaped years ago of metering the Internet ... The
interesting thing is that in a world where no one can agree on anything
just who is gonna go along with paying for e-mail. But a interesting
upside of this .. 200,000,000 of 200,000,001 Hotmail users would leave
the service ridding us of that at least. SPF is the best bet .. And its
absolutely AMAZING that instead of just plugging into this idea .. MS
has to come up with there own "Standard" that is sorta the same but just
enough not the same to keep it not interoperable. And then Trumpet It as
there own. Like LDAP, KEREBOS, And DNS "Active Directory".

Francesca
--
"No Problems Only Solutions"
Lady Linux Internet Services