[Shorewall-newbies] Packet Mangling?

Garrett Johnson garrettj at annalee.com
Mon Mar 1 12:08:36 PST 2004

We're having a problem since the installation of Shorewall where our Credit
Card charging system is coming back with the following error:

Error: 100
TCP/IP Message Header not formatted properly.  Request was not submitted to
USB financial processors.  Response columns 4 and higher will be blank or
nonexistent.

It retries several times and is then successful.

Can I turn off Packet Mangling for a specific client?  Shorewall show mangle
shows packet mangling is enabled and several counters have been incremented
in the pretos section.

Garrett Johnson
MIS Manager
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.