[Shorewall-newbies] Routing

David Burrow david.burrow at scl.utah.edu
Tue Jan 27 13:51:23 PST 2004

Hello All,

	I've been using shorewall for a while, but I think this is a pretty
basic question so I figured I'd post it to the newbies list.
	I've seen mention on the users list recently that Shorewall 2.0 will
no longer have routing capabilities.  I'm unclear as to what this
means specifically.  Does this mean that I'll no longer to use
shorewall to forward ports, do DNAT, etc.?  My understanding was that
a computer that handles NAT and portforwarding is essentially a
"router."  Will this functionality be eliminated with Shorewall 2.0,
or does "routing" mean something else?

David