[Shorewall-newbies] Re: Shorewall-newbies Digest, Vol 2, Issue 18

Garrett Johnson garrettj at annalee.com
Wed Jan 21 15:54:46 PST 2004

Garrett Johnson
MIS Manager
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.

Is it possible to turn on and off port forwarding without restarting shor=
ewall.=20
 Or do I need to do something else
We usually ssh to the machine to enable port forwarding for VNC and then =
disable
the port forwarding and then close ssh.  I tried running the same ssh com=
mand ssh
-C -L 5901:10.1.X.X:5901 -g localhost that we used to run on our poorly
firewalled system.  This let me VNC to any of our network computers outsi=
de
temporarily in an encrypted environment.  I know that ssh has been buggy =
but it
has been working great so far and we log all entry attempts.  I receive t=
he
following error when I attempt the above ssh command.

bind:  Address already in use
channel_setup_forward_listener: cannot listen to port :5901
could not request local forwarding

Thanks for your help

---- Msg sent via Annalee Mobilitee Dolls - http://www.annalee.com/

---- Msg sent via Annalee Mobilitee Dolls - http://www.annalee.com/