[Shorewall-newbies] Shorewall - OpenVPn Solution ?

Jack artemacabro at artemacabro.com.ar
Mon Jan 19 02:13:20 PST 2004

Hi all!

I was configuring OpenVpn and it's great, I set up a tunnel with my server
and my computer home and works ok, but my doubt is how to set multiple
vpn tunnels with this server, but I don't want to have a lot of tunel.conf
and running for example:

openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/tunnel0.conf
openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/tunnel1.conf
etc etc

or have a lot of "ifconfig 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2" "ifconfig 10.0.0.3 10.0.0.4" in
a .conf file
(I don't know if this possible).

I would like if posible to set up subnetworks like
http://www.shorewall.net/OPENVPN.html, where they can communicate systems in
the 192.168.1.0/24 subnetwork to the 10.0.0.0/8 network.
But My question and My Problem is , that I have a lot of subnetworsk that I
want to communicate to an specific network, in this case although I use the
set up that is explicated with the " Shorewall - OpenVPn Solution" i have to
set up multiple tunnel configurations ( I mean a lot of tunel.conf) ?

Well, my english is not so good, so I made a graphic to explain this doubt
http://www.artemacabro.com.ar/Drawing2.gif

If someone now this solution, or another vpn daemon to do it, I'll be very
gratefull

and Thanks for all!

Jack