[Shorewall-newbies] Masq not working.

Harding, Tyson tharding at ball.com
Thu Jan 15 13:54:38 PST 2004

I have just installed shorewall 1.4.9, and setup everything according to the two-interface documentation. The firewall is working, and I am able to block, and open the ports that I want. The only part that is not working is the Masq.

I have a cable modem with a dynamic IP address. From the firewall I can get out to the internet, and can connect to the computers on my loc network. The computers on the loc network are able to ping machines on the internet, but they cannot connect to them. Using tcpdump on the firewall machine, and watching the external interface (eth0) I can see that the requests are going out to the web server, but the firewall is not letting them back in.

Thanks,
Tyson