[Shorewall-newbies] Initial Multiple IP setup

Bill.Light at kp.org Bill.Light at kp.org
Tue Jan 13 21:13:25 PST 2004

OK - I'm taking the plunge and bringing up my webserver in a DMZ again.  I
am using SBC (formerly Pac Bell) and I have 5 fixed IP addresses.  I have
a masq of .248.  I currently have only one physical box, with a single NIC
that (because of Apache) can answer on multiple IP's.  In reading (again)
the setup guide, it looks like the first question that needs to be
answered is whether I am "routed" or "non-routed"

Question - Is there a way I can answer the question without trusting an
answer from the "brain surgeons" at SBC's night support ?

A Sufficiently Talented Fool

Bill