[Shorewall-newbies] Newbie - How to open range of RTP ports

Balaji NJL bajjeen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 18:10:33 PST 2004

Hi All,

i am running Shorewall v 1.4.2 on my Redhat 7.2 machine. i hv a 3 NIC configuration.

i am trying to deploy an Asterisk server behind the firewall. The doc says that i need to forward TCP port 5060 and RTP ports 10,000 to 20,000. i know how to forward TCP port but i am not sure about RTP. i believe RTP are UDP ports. If its true then how i can open a range of these ports.

Any help appreciated. I am not subscribed to this list yet, pl r me in ur replies.

Thanks a lot,
-B