[Shorewall-newbies] Traffic Shaping and SNAT

Gerhard Olsson gerhard.olsson at tjohoo.se
Sat Jan 10 03:23:02 PST 2004

I use Shorewall on Gibraltar (Debian based) for a small home network. I
use traffic shaping/QoS to downpriotize certain types of traffic (Wonder
Shaper, htb version as described in the documentation).  I also would like
to set even lower prio on certain computers. The Traffic Shaping/Control
document lists that if SNAT is used, will NOPRIOHOSTSRC not have any
effect, since the SNAT is done before the traffic shaping.

Any workarounds to get prio based on IP? (Will a second internal ethernet
interface do the trick?)

Is NOPRIOHOSTDEST having effect? (I did not see that here in a quick test
here.)

Thanks,

Gerhard

Shorewall 1.4.8