[Shorewall-newbies] Shorewall and NFS?

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sun Jan 4 07:29:33 PST 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 07:26 am, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2004 05:49 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> > So I googled, found the Shorewall install guide and faqs, searched the
> > Mandrake archives, and posted a query to the newbie and expert list. A
> > couple of people have been trying to help there.
>
> Stupid suggestion --
>
> a) Go to the Shorewall home page.
> b) At the top, you will see a "Search" form.
> c) Enter NFS in the form and click "Search"
>
> The second hit is quite relevant.
>
> If the set of rules that you find there don't work (and of course you
> should be looking at the Shorewall log to see what traffic is still getting
> blocked), then I suggest opening ALL UDP traffic from the client systems to
> the server in addition to TCP port 111.

Oh -- and you should heed the warning on the Shorewall home page regarding
Mandrake's "Internet Connection Sharing"; Mandrake apparently doesn't want
you to be able to use my documentation directly so they have decided:

a) To call the local zone 'masq'; and
b) To leave an empty zone called 'loc' so that any rules that you add for
'loc' will not produce errors but will simply be ignored.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net