[Shorewall-newbies] Shorewall and NFS?

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sun Jan 4 07:26:17 PST 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 05:49 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> So I googled, found the Shorewall install guide and faqs, searched the
> Mandrake archives, and posted a query to the newbie and expert list. A
> couple of people have been trying to help there.

Stupid suggestion --

a) Go to the Shorewall home page.
b) At the top, you will see a "Search" form.
c) Enter NFS in the form and click "Search"

The second hit is quite relevant.

If the set of rules that you find there don't work (and of course you should
be looking at the Shorewall log to see what traffic is still getting
blocked), then I suggest opening ALL UDP traffic from the client systems to
the server in addition to TCP port 111.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net