[Shorewall-newbies] shorewall and bridge...

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Fri Feb 27 07:12:12 PST 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 07:47 pm, Janvie wrote:
> did it...
> didn't work, ;(

I didn't expect it to work -- I wanted to get rid of all of those annoying
newnotsyn messages.

> the status was generated during the attempt to ping from one side to the
> other...
>
> Hope this helps...

It doesn't -- you have turned off all policy logging so that while traffic is
rejected, I can't tell you how to change your setup to allow it.

Please turn policy logging back on (at least log traffic dropped under your
'all->all REJECT' policy, and run the test again.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net