[Shorewall-newbies] What is the best Linux to create a firewall ?

Personaje personaje at bigfoot.com
Thu Feb 26 12:41:22 PST 2004

I tried customized routers/firewalls, they have little flexibility or (I
think) you have to get very familiar with it.
Also tried RH9, was too bloated, too much stuff I didn't liked or
wanted, it was maintenance-nightmare.
I settled on Gentoo, compiled and tested everything on a VMWare virtual
machine, and when I got it running (and known to the bones) moved it to
the router box. Running it for a few months now... very stable, and I
think very scalable.

Regards,
Javier.