[Shorewall-newbies] What is the best Linux to create a firewall ?

Florent Gilain fgilain at directmedica.com
Thu Feb 26 01:54:30 PST 2004

Hi all,

My question is not to know which distribution is better, just to know how I
must do to create my own firewall using iptables and shorewall and minimal
services like SSH...

Red Hat ? Mandrake ? Suse ?

Which package do i need to install to be able to install everything i need ?

Sorry, i'm really new to Linux...

I could use something like the "Mandrake M.N.F" but i think that it's full
of unusable options for me, and so, it's too hard to modify by myself...

Thanks for your help and sorry if my question hurts someone.

Florent...new to Linux..From France