[Shorewall-newbies] A few shorewall questions

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Mon Feb 23 18:17:07 PST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Alex Martin wrote:

> About 'shorewall restart':
> "For Shorewall versions beginning with 1.4.7, if ADMINISABSENTMINDED=Yes
> in /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf then in addition, all existing
> connections are retained and all connection requests from the firewall
> are accepted."
>
>  From http://shorewall.net/starting_and_stopping_shorewall.htm

I've looked at that page a couple of times and I don't see how you
associate the above text with "restart". Since Julian Church also had that
misconception, I must be missing something -- please educate me.

In truth, ADMINISABSENTMINDED only effects the behavior of the firewall
after "shorewall stop".

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net