[Shorewall-newbies] First time using shorewall

Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos pocm at netvisao.pt
Mon Feb 23 03:04:53 PST 2004

Hi all,

I've used shorewall for the first time yesterday night. I have a net
iface (eth0) and 2 LAN ifaces (eth1 and eth2). I've downloaded the
two-interfaces sample and installed them, everything ran smoothly for
eth0 and eth1, of course, eth2 was not accessing the internet.  Then
after reading some docs, I added a line to the interfaces file, like the
eth1 line however, changing only eth1 to eth2. I just wanted to say that
both eth1 and eth2 are part of the loc zone. Restarted shorewall but
nothing happened. eth1 had access to the internet but eth2 didn't. What
else do I need to do?

Best regards,
--

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon