[Shorewall-newbies] REDIRECT rule

Sakthivel Subramanian sakthi at altair.com
Fri Feb 20 12:48:44 PST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to redirect WWW from LAN to the SQUID proxy running on the
firewall box except for certain destinations. I used the following rule and
it works fine.
# Redirect WWW access to proxy
REDIRECT        loc     8080      tcp   www      -      !10.10.9.1

But I don't want to redirect if the www request is destined for three
subnets on the eth0 interface (192.168.1.0/24, 192168.2.0/24,
192.168.3.0/24). These three subnets are defined a three zones in the zones
file. How do I specify an subnet to exclude in the REDIRECT rule. I tried
the following and it didn't work.
# Redirect WWW access to proxy
REDIRECT        loc     8080      tcp   www      -
!10.10.9.1,192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254

Thanks

Sakthi