[Shorewall-newbies] Invalid Action in rule "LIMIT SET"

Christopher Blauvelt blauvecg at clarkson.edu
Tue Feb 17 22:26:50 PST 2004

When attempting to start shorewall, I get the following output:
Processing /etc/shorewall/init ...
Deleting user chains...
Setting up Accounting...
Setting up User Sets...
Creating Interface Chains...
Configuring Proxy ARP
Setting up NAT...
Adding Common Rules
Setting up Blacklisting...
   Blacklisting enabled on eth0
Adding rules for DHCP
Enabling RFC1918 Filtering
Setting up TCP Flags checking...
Setting up Kernel Route Filtering...
IP Forwarding Enabled
Processing /etc/shorewall/tunnels...
Processing /etc/shorewall/rules...
   Error: Invalid Action in rule "LIMIT SET"
Processing /etc/shorewall/stop ...
Processing /etc/shorewall/stopped ...

When running, "/sbin/shorewall debug start I get the following output (plus
much more):
Processing /etc/shorewall/rules...
+ process_rules
+ read xtarget xclients xservers xprotocol xports xcports xaddress xratelimit
xuserset
+ temp=LIMIT
++ echo LIMIT SET
+ rule=LIMIT SET
+ fatal_error 'Invalid Action in rule "LIMIT SET"'
+ echo '   Error: Invalid Action in rule "LIMIT SET"'
   Error: Invalid Action in rule "LIMIT SET"
+ '[' start = check ']'
+ stop_firewall
+ set +x

Any help would be very appreciated.