[Shorewall-newbies] Trying to get shorewall to work inbound. Perhaps arp/routing issues.

Zot O'Connor zot at zotconsulting.com
Wed Feb 11 18:10:53 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 17:21, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Zot O'Connor wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:55, Tom Eastep wrote:
> >

> WHY?????
>
> Once the addresses and the routes are there, all that's left is the rules
> and policies!!!!

Well it seem like a good idea at the time.

At one time I could not get firewall rules to work per host, but that
appears to be another issue.

The real issue seems to be I had copied the INSIDE_IP config in bering
and had set the mask to /24.

When I fixed that other things sorta worked.

I just removed the hosts and converted to loc:192.168.x.x style rules
and things appear to be working...

Thanks!

--
Zot O'Connor <zot at zotconsulting.com>